My Blog

The random, ramblings of a work at home mum of two delightful children...it's a high mountain, but I have strong legs for climbing and strong arms for loving.

Sometimes I'm ranty, sometimes I'm helpful, sometimes I'm funny. If my blog posts offend you, just remember if we all thought the same, we'd be no better than robots!

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Christmas is coming....

There is no avoiding it, there is only month to go to get everything organised and if you have a large family this is no mean feat!

I have to say that pre children the best thing about Christmas was getting stonkingly drunk and more often than not wrapping as much tinsel in my hair as poss (my northern roots!) on Christmas Eve. I never felt guilty what so ever at all because it felt like everyone else my age was out and about doing exactly the same thing. Post hangover it was pure indulgence to take a proper, long break from work, knowing that I wasn't missing out on too much because at least half my industry would be doing the same thing. Bliss!

This year my children will be six and four years old on Christmas day and I think I'm just as excited as they are. I've done all my Christmas shopping and their presents are wrapped and in the loft, I do however have a huge problem with Father Christmas taking the credit for all my hard work.This weekend the tree goes up at home and next weekend we'll be watching the town lights being switched on and enjoying the Christmas tree festivals while quaffing mulled wine (for mummy not children.)

We've already put the Christmas decorations up in the shop (or should that be on the shop?) for a sneaky peak see Here

So, during this wonderful and quite possibly snowy run up to Christmas 2010, may I be the first to wish you all a Merry Christmas, even if it is a trifle early... Ho Ho Ho!!



No comments: